Thursday

Favorite Songs: You've Got a Friend

Probably everyone has heard this song. First time I heard it, James Taylor was the singer, but it’s been done by many... it’s just one of those songs. Written by one of the great songwriters, Carole King.

We just have to remember -- to have a true friend, you have to be a true friend.

One of my favorite versions of this song is this one on YouTube with Carole King, Celine Dion, Gloria Estefan, and Shania Twain. (I had the video here on the post, but it was slowing down the page load, so I took that off, added the YouTube link, and grabbed this image from the web instead :-)




You’ve got a friend
When you’re down and troubled And you need some lovin’ care And nothing, nothing is going right Close your eyes and think of me And soon I will be there To brighten up even your darkest night
Chorus: You just call out my name And you know wherever I am I’ll come runnin’ To see you again Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall All you got to do is call And I’ll be there, yes I will You’ve got a friend

If the sky above you Should turn dark and full of clouds And that old north wind should begin to blow Keep your head together And call my name out loud Soon I’ll be knocking upon your door Chorus Now ain’t it good to know that you’ve got a friend When people can be so cold They’ll hurt you, and desert you They’ll take your soul if you let them Oh now, but don’t you let them Chorus



Thank you for reading what noeandcindy.write !

1 comment:

  1. 'You've go a friend " by Carole King used to be my favoritest song in the whole world when i was like 12. I used to have the album!
    Now 40 years later it has been replaced as my favorite by that ole timey hit (no pun intended) "Slap Her Down Again Pa !" Now there's a song close to my heart ! If I find the lyrics I will share them with you.

    ReplyDelete